We here at Fireside Furniture love to cook, both for ourselves and for our families. Luckily, Fireside Furniture has tons of great dining solutions for feeding your family, from this Farmhouse Dining Nook, which has under-bench storage and creates a cozy dining experience in a corner or small space, to this classic Mission-Style dining set which features a counter-height table and leather, fabric, or wood seats. But finding a great dining set is only one part — you also need to figure out what to cook! So in this article, we’re going to take a little departure from our usual style advice and furniture guidance to talk about one of our favorite activities: eating! Here is Fireside Furniture’s favorite family food, and a link to a classic recipe for each:
- Burgers. Put cheese on it and call it a cheeseburger, make it with black beans and it’s a vegetarian favorite. Any way you grill it, a good burger is essential cooking. We happen to prefer them with ketchup, onions, and pickles, but hey, we’re just a little crazy. Pair your burgers with french fries, potato chips, or coleslaw, or go crazy and make some avocado and quinoa salad. Burgers go great with everything.
- Chili. Nothing beats a hearty, warm bowl of chili on a cold winter night, although plenty of us here at Fireside Furniture eat it all year round! We love this simple ground beef-based chili recipe from The Food Network here, though there are plenty of great options for the vegetarians in your family as well.
- Steak and Potatoes. Maybe you prefer a skirt steak cooked medium rare with grilled fingerling potatoes, or a filet mignon done medium well with garlic mashed. How people like their steak cooked is a matter of personal preference, but almost everyone can agree that, when cooked the right way, it’s a delicious and classically American dish. Perhaps this meal is especially near and dear to our hearts because we here at Fireside furniture only sell American-Made furniture. Learn more about our Made-In-America furniture here.
- Fish with Lemon and Veggies. There are a thousand ways to prepare fish, from baked cod with fennel to roasted red snapper with lemon and herbs. However you decide, just remember to pair your fish with some delicious veggies and a glass of crisp white wine. Luckily, Fireside Furniture has wine racks and wine cabinets for sale — come in and check them out!
- Mac and Cheese. What list of delicious dinners would be complete without everyone’s favorite staple, macaroni and cheese? Whether you like the simple out-of-the-box kind or a little something more gourmet, we can all agree that mac and cheese night will make the entire family happy.
- Chicken Noodle Soup. When you’re not feeling well, chicken soup is nature’s (and mom’s) best medicine. But it’s also a delicious side dish or meal in itself any time of year! We here in northern New Jersey can’t resist adding some matzah balls from time to time, too.
- Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies. We can’t leave off some dessert, right? We took a vote among our staff and it came out that homemade chocolate chip cookies are the favorite snack, though only slightly beating out cheesecake. But because we love dessert so much, we’re going to give you an option for both: here’s how to make chocolate chip cookies from scratch, and here’s a great recipe for making cheesecake at home.
Create a comfortable dining space to eat your favorite family food
Cooking is one of the most pleasurable, technical, and personal activities in life, and having a well-appointed kitchen is key. Eating together as a family is no different, and having a comfortable dining space to eat your favorite family food is crucial. Come into our showroom to see some of the great dining room options we have for you to enjoy your next meal with your family, such as this practical butcher-block kitchen island, or this farmhouse hutch with a dark barnwood finished buffet top. Our furniture has to be seen in person to really understand its quality, so come on over to 695 Route 23 S in Pompton Plains, NJ and experience the Fireside Furniture difference!