Spring is in the air, which means summer is right around the corner! And like everyone else in New Jersey, we here at Fireside Furniture love the summer!
Soon, we’ll all be taking to our yards and patios for family gatherings, barbeques, pool parties, and sunbathing. So now is the perfect time to think about your outdoor space and furniture options.
When furnishing your outdoor space, there are a plethora of pieces to choose from, including cafe tables, stools, couches, rocking chairs, and hammocks. Ultimately, how you use your outdoor space will determine the types of pieces you need. And your decor style will help you to pick the perfect items for your outdoor oasis.
What Materials Should My Outdoor Furniture Be Made From?
Outdoor furniture is available in a variety of materials and styles. When shopping for outdoor furniture, consider your personal preferences, functionality, durability, and storage. Here are some of the top outdoor furniture looks for 2023!
- Woven Rattan: Woven Rattan is a classic material that is stylish and inviting. It has an organic quality that pairs well with a variety of other textures and materials. Accessorize woven rattan pieces with colorful cushions and carpeting.
- Luxe Materials: While wicker and rattan are always popular choices for outdoor furniture, your style may be a bit more luxurious. Dining tables, sectionals, and other pieces are available in metallic finishes such as brass and copper. Sectional sofas when placed outside will give your outdoor living space a more contemporary look.
- Wood: Hardwood is a classic choice for outdoor furniture. Wood benches, picnic tables, and Adirondack chairs are available in a variety of styles and finishes. Teak, cedar, and redwood are all stylish outdoor furniture options.
The latest trends in outdoor furniture
Outdoor furniture design is always evolving. There are several different trends emerging in outdoor furniture for 2023. Here are some of the most interesting outdoor furniture trends that will help you plan your outdoor space
As people become more aware of the impact their choices have on the environment, sustainable outdoor furniture is becoming more popular. Shop for eco-friendly pieces made from recycled materials.
Modern furniture designs and clean lines are becoming more common in outdoor spaces. Minimalistic furniture pieces are perfect for creating a stylish and sophisticated outdoor area. The Two-Tone Dining Set perfectly fits the bill for minimalist interiors.
Bold and Colorful Designs
Bright colors and bold shapes are making a comeback in outdoor furniture. These trends are perfect for showcasing your personality and style in your outdoor space.
Geometric shapes are becoming popular for outdoor furniture pieces. This trend is perfect for bringing a modern and sophisticated look to any outdoor space.
People aren’t just sunbathing and dining outside. They are also watching baseball and football! Many people are opting to put a television outside so they can catch their favorite films and sporting events. Be sure to choose a TV stand or entertainment center that can withstand the elements.
Important Things To Consider When Purchasing Outdoor Furniture
Are the pieces you chose made to withstand inclement weather? Look for the term “weather-resistant”. And be sure to use whatever covers are provided to protect your furniture when not in use.
Cushions make outdoor furniture more comfortable. Does the furniture you are buying come with cushions? If not, make sure you can buy cushions that will fit the pieces that you have chosen. Quality cushions should be weather and UV resistant.
Do you plan on dining outside? How about reading? Think about what you will be doing outside when picking your pieces. For instance, hammocks are great. But if you never plan to nap or relax, it might not be your best choice.
What is your outdoor furniture made of? Of course, your outdoor furniture should be attractive. But your pieces should also be strong, durable, and made to last.
Outdoor furniture is available at a variety of price points. Shop around! Explore all of your options, and be sure to get the best value for your money.
By considering these factors when buying outdoor furniture, you can ensure your outdoor space will look great and provide comfort for many years to come.
Extend A little TLC to your outdoor furniture
Once you have purchased the perfect outdoor furniture set, it is critical to maintain and care for it properly. This will extend the lifetime of your outdoor furniture and prevent you from having to purchase another set in the future. Below are some tips on taking care of your outdoor furniture:
- Clean it regularly: Keep your outdoor furniture free from mold, dirt, and mildew. This extra effort will extend its life. Clean your pieces with a mild solution. Use a soft-bristle brush to remove any tough stains.
- Cover it up: Use furniture covers to protect your furniture from the rain and dirt. It’s a good idea to cover even your weather-resistant furniture to keep it in tip-top shape.
- Repair damage right away: Any time you detect any rust, cracks, or breakage on your outdoor furniture, address it immediately. Fixing problems early will prevent the issue from getting worse. By caring for your outdoor furniture properly, you can ensure it will last through the long summer months and provide comfort and convenience for years to come.
Time To Shop!
With the basics under your belt, you are ready to embark on your outdoor furniture shopping journey. Have a plan in mind, but keep yourself open to the possibilities. With a little creativity, you will create a welcoming outdoor space that you will enjoy for many years to come.
And for all of your furniture shopping needs, check out Fireside Furniture on Route 23 in Pompton Plains, NJ!